[Gllug] Linux Expo this week and beers with Mad Dog tonight

Simon Morris sm at beerandspeech.org
Fri Oct 27 13:53:03 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Just a quick note to say thanks to Chris Bell and Tom (whose surname I
didn't catch) who spent 2 days manning the GLLUG stand at the
LinuxWorld Conference and Expo, and to all the guys who stopped to
chat and say hello.

I managed to get around to quite a few of the exhibitors and ask them
about giving talks at future GLLUG meetings so we should have some
good meetings coming up in the new year.

And also a big thanks to Apress Books [0] who donated 4 books to GLLUG
to give away as prizes at future meetings. They actually came over and
offered them to us which I thought was very generous. They also
offered to supply more over the next year.

There will be a meeting on Saturday 11th November at the normal
location. Details to follow soon.

Don't forget Jon Hall asked people to join him for beers tonight in Kensington

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/61/Elephant_and_Castle/Kensington

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=W8+4LT&spn=0.005,0.02&hl=en

http://gllug.org.uk//uploads/Meetings/25thOct06/mad-dog-beer.jpeg

http://www.ch-open.ch/image/maddog_beer.jpg