[Gllug] Tesco takes on Microsoft in battle for software market

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Oct 2 10:16:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 09:31:06AM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> My suspicion is this might not be OpenOffice but some other, abandoned,
> word processor/spreadsheet etc. project.

It's certainly not OpenOffice, but an office suite either written from
scratch or as you say resurrected:

http://www.ability.com/

After all it's not actually that hard to write a word processor or
whatever, given enough cheap low grade coders and testers.

<rant>
What the world doesn't need, however, is yet another Office clone
locking data in proprietary formats, unaware that networks, sharing
and workflows exist in any modern business.
</rant>

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.