[Gllug] ssh client on a mobile : recomendations

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Oct 12 09:39:12 UTC 2006

Jason Clifford wrote:

> Most mobile operators are now offering 3G internet access for a fixed
> monthly fee.
>
> T-Mobile for example provide an "up to 384kb/s" connection with 3GB per
> month usage for not very much per month.

I use the T-mobile GPRS all the time when out and about. Even works OK
on train journeys.
Have rescued a customer's 512 node Beowulf cluster using an ssh
connection at a railway station. Bit proud of that one.

Sad thing to say though, is that I use it in Windows. Getting Bluetooth
plus GPRS to work in Linux is just too much of a faff.
(Cue avalanche of 'just install Ubuntu Rabid Rottweiler' emails).
Me, I'm on Fedora and I'll upgrade to FC5 if you lot can CONVINCE me
that its a point-and-drool to connect dog+bone via Bluetooth.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk