[Gllug] Open Source lobbying meeting - UKUUG London Thurs 19th

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Oct 16 22:54:55 UTC 2006

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, John G. Walker yowled:
> Of course, the real solution is for managers not to be in charge. They
> should be admin support, leaving the running of things to those who
> know about them, whether nurses and doctors in hospitals, or IT
> professionals in computer projects.

Alas, *that* then leads to the managerial equivalent of regulatory
capture.

I'm not sure if there *is* a way that will work: perhaps a board mostly
composed of those who know about $whatever, and a subset selected at
random from the populace, sort of like jury service?

--
`When we are born we have plenty of Hydrogen but as we age our
 Hydrogen pool becomes depleted.'