[Gllug] Fedora 6 out at 14:00

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Tue Oct 24 10:39:52 UTC 2006

Alain Williams wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 09:46:33AM +0100, Tethys wrote:
>

>>Agreed. CentOS is (we had to switch to CentOS after having too many
>>problems with Debian[1]).
>

> CentOS is what I prefer, augmented with Dag's archive[**] for
> what CentOS doesn't have ... I try to avoid compilation from source these
> days[^^], 'yum update' is so much easier.

I wonder if the success of CentOS is one of the reasons why the Fedora
Legacy Project is struggling at the moment. I moved most servers away
from FC due to the update situation.

I may try and create an FC6 VPS later if the mirrors are not being
hammered, though many of the improvements in FC6 seem desktop related?

Regards

Paul Lee
www.ma1.se