[Gllug] Development and debugging for embedded HW

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 23:31:51 UTC 2006

Hello,
   I have been asked about development, emulation, and debugging software
for embedded systems, especially using ARM processors and programmable gate
arrays, by someone who is developing instrumentation and control hardware,
with firmware and logging, results analysis, and presentation software for
to match. I have suggested a few lists held on websites, but have no
experience of this. Chip manufacturers often do provide development systems
for their products, but they tend to be very expensive. At present he is
using development tools for M$ windows, but would like to move to Open
Source. It seems that the M$ facilities are not suitable for real-time.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk