[Gllug] Re: Anti-DRM event in Central London today!

Leo Hickey hickey444 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 30 10:18:05 UTC 2006

>> if anyone can tell me why MS should be allowed to
>> use DRM for this kind of thing I would be interested.
>
> Because they can then stop illegal copies of software or modified
> versions of software.

So in the case of Firefox etc we are just supposed to trust MS that they
will allow us to run it? Surely there must be some antitrust laws that
apply here? I don't see the Chinese snapping up new DRM controlled
computers and then shelling out for a legal copy of windows, so that
should slow them down for a good while.

PS good luck with your anti-DRM protest.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk