[Gllug] Photo printing has gone all green

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 09:44:29 UTC 2006

On 9/24/06, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:

> I've been using an Epson Stylus Photo R300 for some time to print photos
> and getting very good results.  I haven't done any photos for perhaps 6
> months (although the printer has been used and the ink nozzles aren't
> blocked - I've checked).

How have you checked? Do a test print, and check that everything's OK.
Also, forcibly clean the nozzles. You can do both of those with
escputil (part of gutenprint). My Stylus Photo EX exhibited exactly
the same symptoms when I didn't use it for a few months, and a few
nozzle clean and test print passes seemed to clear out the problem.
The other thing that I've occasionally found to work is taking out and
reseating the ink cartridge.

Hope that helps.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk