[Gllug] Junk mail received about Spamhaus Lawsuit

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Sep 28 08:25:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Chris Bell wrote:

>    I have received an unsolicited email from Rackforce in Canada that makes
> claims about Spamhaus, and asking for support in a battle against Steve
> Linford and Spamhaus. What is going on?

Spammers brought a lawsuit against Spamhaus in the US which they didn't
bother to defend as they do not accept that the US has worldwide
jurisdiction. As a result a default judgement was given against Spamhaus
and spammers are now trying to use that against them both in the courts
and in attempts to frighten people away from using antispam systems that
block their sh*t.

Best to ignore it.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk