[Gllug] Re: problem accessing a website

Myke Lyons myke.lyons at cmtww.com
Mon Sep 4 08:55:10 UTC 2006

On 4 Sep 2006, at 09:42, Pooly wrote:
> philippe at mgate:~$ telnet www.planetmysql.org 80
> Trying 213.115.162.73...
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
>

> So I guess its ISP related. What should I tell them ? (I've got few
> bad memories of technical problem with BT, so I'm not sure how to
> handle it)
> fo/gllug

Please run a traceroute to the host, this should help you locate
exactly where the problem is, the problem could be with BT or the
next hop.  If you give them all of the data they can usually run
(read crawl) with that and resolve it.

You can post it here and we could probably let you know if it is BT
or not.

.myke

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk