[Gllug] Somewhat OT - seeking reassurance

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Wed Sep 13 10:18:44 UTC 2006

About three months ago the power supply on my desktop (Pentium 4 2Ghz,
1Ghz RAM) burnt out and I got a replacement - 300W

Last night, set the thing to process some video (so pretty processor,
memory and disk intensive), went to fill dishwasher, came back and PC is
off and will not come back on. Press the power switch and power light
flickers on but none of the fans even think of starting.

Power supply was hot and there was a very slight smell of burning.

This is just another burnt out power supply isn't it?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk