[Gllug] OT: Mac code can't be given on an LOU network?

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 17:11:24 UTC 2006

On 20/09/06, Julian Somers <lists at bigpip.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just tried to get a MAC code from Tiscali so I can switch
> broadband provider, and they tell me that they can't do it without 14
> days possible downtime because I am on an 'LOU network'. I can't find
> anything on the web about LOU networks -- did I hear wrong?

Is there any chance they could have said LLU?  Local Loop Unbundling
is a method for your ISP (or other telco) to take over the services on
your actual phone wire - so if you've got an LLU line, and you're
trying to switch to another ISP, they'd have to switch you back to
having a BT line first...

> many thanks, Julian

Cheers
Richard