[Gllug] Todays meeting

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Sun Sep 17 00:18:20 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Firstly - my apologies for having to cancel my presentation at
yesterdays GLLUG meeting. I had to go abroad for work and although I had
a slim chance of making it back in time it just didn't work out.

However, I hear the meeting went well! Thanks to the speakers - Malcolm
Yates, Jim Bailey and Bryn Reeves.

On the walk from Regents Park to the meeting venue the guys gave away
just under 300 leaflets and 150 Ubuntu CDs. Apparently they could have
given more out and I hope some recipients took the information onboard.

The meeting nearly didn't happen at all at the beginning of the week
when my travel plans were confirmed. Thanks especially to all of the
guys who volunteered to run the meeting.

If I rush a report and photos to Linux Format Magazine it might make it
into the next issue. Could anyone who has photos please send me them (or
a URL)

There will be a meeting in October - more information to follow on the
mailing list and website. Also GLLUG has a stand at the LWCE Expo so
please come and say hello, or offer to help man the stand if you are
interested in that.

Thanks

~sm