[Gllug] cpu percentage increasing

salsaman salsaman at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 13 03:42:29 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I have a question about a curious thing. I have a desktop system (dual
AMD 64) which is basically running one app - a video application. I have
it sitting there displaying two video clips, applying and effect an
mixing them.

What I see in ps is quite strange. The app starts at about 90% CPU
usage, but slowly over time the usage goes up.
Right now after about 8 hours, the usage is up to 97.6 %. Yet it's just
doing the same task over and over.

I've had (and fixed) problems with memory leakage before, but "CPU
leakage" is a new one to me ! Is this normal, and if not what could be
causing it ?

Gabriel.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk