[Gllug] look'n 4 a LINUX consultant

Misha nwmthind at py-soft.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 13:46:49 UTC 2006

comrades,
i am looking 2 hire a LINUX consultant, i live in central London
(Hackney E5), i think a half day, should do the trick, here's what we
require;

we have two intel boxen
a.) P3/500mhz, 512mb RAM, 20gb disc, 40gb disc, CD ROM(48x)
      (currently running Kubuntu 6.0.6)
b.) Celeron D/3.2ghz, 512mb RAM, 80gb disc, DVD/CD RW
     (new box, no OS)

we need the boxen setUp on a LAN and hooked up to the broadBand
connection (BullDog 8mb ADSL). we'd like to be able to share discs
resources over the LAN, and possibly use the P3 box as a gateWay/fireWall.

the CeleronD box will be used as a digital audio recorder, presently i'm
running Audacity, with a cheep PCI sound card, which is fine/adequate,
but we'd be open to any suggestions as to something better (cheep and
cheerful)

so here's the job list:
1. config from scratch, P3 box with Kubuntu, fireFox, OpenOffice, and
setUp ADSL modem (i have all the drivers, and scripts).
2. config from scratch, CeleronD box with Kubuntu,fireFox, OpenOffice,
and Audacity (or a superior alternative OpenSource audio recorder).
3. setUp simple LAN hub/switch.

look 4wrd 2 hear'n from any interested parties, all the best, b in tch,
over and out!!

ciao,
misha
+44 (0)7 906 449 432