[Gllug] OT: Mac OS X for a linux user

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Sep 9 16:23:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Simon Morris said:
> They have been happy to use a lot of software that is released as free
> (as is their right of course) but I don't think they've been
> exceptional in contributing back into the community. They have
> released some bits.

Look at the number of GCC and toolchain hackers they've employed over
the years (some for a *very* long time, Stan Shebs for one). Consider
where GCC's Objective C came from.

They've certainly contributed in that respect. (OK, so it's questionable
how useful ObjC is for non-GNUstep hackers, but it's *there*, and it
wouldn't otherwise be.)

--
`In typical emacs fashion, it is both absurdly ornate and
 still not really what one wanted.' --- jdev
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk