[Gllug] Re: problem accessing a website

Pooly pooly7 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 08:42:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

2006/9/4, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk>:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 08:59:15AM +0100, Pooly wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > since several weeks, I'm unable to access http://www.planetmysql.org/
> > both from home and from the office (the ISP is BT in both case), but
> > this w-e I went back to France and I had no problem accessing it.
> > Here, I can ping the server but lynx and firefox don't want to display
> > anything. Could you connect to the website ? What should I do to fix
> > the problem ?
>
> No problems here using firefox under linux.
>
> what happens if you go:
>         telnet www.planetmysql.org 80

philippe at mgate:~$ telnet www.planetmysql.org 80
Trying 213.115.162.73...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

So I guess its ISP related. What should I tell them ? (I've got few
bad memories of technical problem with BT, so I'm not sure how to
handle it)

--
http://www.myspace.com/sakuradrop : forget the rest
http://www.w-fenec.org/ Webzine rock/metal