[Gllug] Development and debugging for embedded HW

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 09:54:36 UTC 2006

On 9/26/06, Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>    I have been asked about development, emulation, and debugging software
> for embedded systems, especially using ARM processors and programmable gate
> arrays

My only experience of this sort of thing has been with a small ARM
board that I used to build a datalogger. Since it ran Linux natively,
the full toolchain could be used directly on the board. But
unsurprisingly, it was a bit slow to do that, so for most development,
I just used an ARM cross compiler on my desktop, and copied the
resulting binaries over with zmodem on a serial console.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk