[Gllug] Todays meeting

Simon Morris sm at beerandspeech.org
Sun Sep 17 08:16:26 UTC 2006

On 17/09/06, John Hearns <john.hearns at streamline-computing.com> wrote:
> Simon Morris wrote:
> >

> > There will be a meeting in October - more information to follow on the
> > mailing list and website. Also GLLUG has a stand at the LWCE Expo so
> > please come and say hello, or offer to help man the stand if you are
> > interested in that.
>
> Can we not schedule the GLLUG meeting to be near the LWCE, taking
> advantage of speakers being in town anyway, plus an increased audience
> of UK people travelling to London for the conference?

Yes - we've had an offer for a very interesting talk from someone.
This would happen on the first night of the Expo *if* he can persuade
his employer to let him come over to the expo from the US.

It's all very tentative and it conflicts with Lonix so nothing is certain yet.

Typically the Expo is a great place for stealing/attracting/grooming
speakers so I hope we'll have a list of presentations in the next few
months.

Thanks

--
~sm