[Gllug] VOT: Family Cars

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Sep 24 18:53:49 UTC 2006

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 12:47:34PM +0100, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> paul at ma1.se wrote:
> > Nowadays I suppose its worth considering a deisel version as you might
> > be able to run on a blend "biodiverse" fuel, in fact I think Tesco
> > garages now offer this.
>
> Anyone experimented with vegetable oil as a fuel on here?
>
> I've just finished reading "From the fryer to the fuel tank" and now I'm
> looking for a cheap diesel to experiment with! :)

Friend of mine has been filling his unmodified diesel Merc with half
diesel, half vegetable oil[1] for some time.  Not sure about the
legality of this however ...

This website was quite useful:

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php

Rich.

[1] Bought in huge quantities from Lidl.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Internet Marketing and AdWords courses - http://merjis.com/courses - NEW!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk