[Gllug] DVD/CD-RW combi problem

Michael Laycock michael.laycock1 at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 4 11:34:56 UTC 2006

Hello people, just joined this mailing list.

I have a problem. I have just migrated from Mandriva to (flavour of the
moment) Ubuntu. I've managed to set everything up (which I never quite
managed with Mandriva) with the aid of Automatix. The problem is with my
DVD/CD-RW combi drive, it recognises all compatible media, including
DVD's if they are data disks, but if I insert a DVD film the drive spins
up for an eternity, then once finished with that the LED on the drive
stays lit while Ubuntu tells me there is no disk in the drive to mount.
Incidentally the drive worked flawlessly in Mandriva. Any ideas?

Mick

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk