[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group (September Meeting, Gary's B

Gary gpownall at lonix.org.uk
Wed Sep 13 21:25:22 UTC 2006

Hi ,

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Tuesday 19 Sep 2006
Time:  6pm
Place: The Printworks,113/117 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3HJ
Map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=EC1R+3HJ&spn=0.005,0.02&hl=en
Nearest Tube:  Farringdon
Phone: 07763336829

Once again we'll be returning to 'The Printworks' for our September meeting, except this time it's a little different because it is also the day that I first graced this planet with my inimitable presence some 49 years ago.... (yes!  That's what I said, it's my birthday!!)

Those of you wishing to ply me with alcoholic beverages, for being an utterly fab guy and all round good egg; feel free to do so.  I don't imagine I'll be putting up much resistance.

Anyway... some info about the pub and the meeting...

As Weatherspoons pubs goes, this really is one of the best.  It is a huge pub with lots of alcoves and spaces to go if you want to be alone, though hopefully not at a Lonix meeting.  It has a good selection of guest ales, and being Weatherspoons the booze is remarkably cheap

There are Plasma screens dotted about if you want to keep your eye on the sport, Eastenders, or coronation Street (boo, hiss)and they have WiFi access, so get your laptops out and show us what they can do.

Again, all things open source, linux and I dare say Mac OSX will rear it's conversational head at some point.

Gary

This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
this please contact support at lonix.org.uk

Your Lonix Account Details are:
Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
Username: gllug at linux.co.uk