[Gllug] Somewhat OT - seeking reassurance

Anthony Newman anthony.newman at ossified.net
Wed Sep 13 12:30:16 UTC 2006

Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> On Wed, September 13, 2006 1:17 pm, t.clarke wrote:
>> THe Maplins ones I have used in the past have been fine   -  but hope you
>> went
>> for more than 300W   !!!
>>
> Oh yes - 550 this time.

I bought a joke power supply (650W!) from Maplin a while ago because I
needed a 24-pin ATX2 one in a hurry. It went back shortly afterwards to
be replaced by a (significantly cheaper) £17 one from ebuyer (rated
350W) which has performed perfectly since in a cool fashion in my Athlon
X2 3800 based machine with no shortage of other guts. It's difficult to
imagine who would ever need a genuine 500+W unit.

Ant
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk