[Gllug] Exim4 mail problem

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 10:25:15 UTC 2007

Further to my previous post - thanks for the replies.
I had already tried a straight telnet smtp connection and this worked OK.

I killed off all the hung processes and restarted exim.  The mails were then
sent OK.   Further inspection of the log revealed that the offending emails
were all being sent using TLS 1.0 encryption.  More than one domain was affected
so maybe there is some obscure bug in exim ?

I am going to suppress TLS with  'hosts_avoid_tls = *' and see if this solves
the problem for future.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk