[Gllug] NIS setup query

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Sat Apr 14 17:22:41 UTC 2007

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Thomas Clive Richards wrote:

> And I'm at the point where I can issue "ypcat passwd" on the client, and
> get the correct authentication information from the server. I've added
> the appropriate entries to the /etc/[passwd|shadow|group|gshadow] files,
> and yet when I try and log in on the client I get a "login failed"
> message.

Did you update /etc/nsswitch.conf to use NIS as well as file?

If so do you see the extra account data when you run `getent passwd`?

> Do I need to configure PAM somehow? I've never done this before, so I
> guess I might be missing something rather obvious..

You should not need any separate configuration for PAM.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk