[Gllug] kernel module compilation / loading issues

Thomas Clive Richards thomir at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 20:46:04 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 April 2007 21:39, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> Install a cheap wired network card and use it to bootstrap your wireless
> install.

Two things:

first, I'd consider that cheating, and my conscience could never allow it.
Second, it's more complicated than that.. I'd need a very long network
cable.. this house has an... odd.. layout.

Anyway, I have a wired card built in to the motherboard - it's a PCIE Gbps
card that needs yet another third party driver to run ;)

I guess that's what you get when you don't check hardware out before you buy
it ;)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk