[Gllug] Linux invalidates your HP warranty

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 21:54:32 UTC 2007

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 22:27:40 +0100 Chris Jones <cmsj at tenshu.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Geo wrote:
> > FYI
> >
> > http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38540
>
> As part of my general rumbling through this thread.
>
> FYI
>
> http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/03/30/199253&tid=7
>
> Surprise surprise, outrage on the Internet by Linux fanboys turns out
> to be all a waste of hot air. An HP employee was even quoted in the
> original article as saying that in this case it didn't seem relevant
> what the OS was because it was a stuck keyboard.
>
> Cheers,

The clarification concludes "We are also taking steps to ensure support
agents are clear on this policy so this issue does not recur", which
suggests that the problem did exist, but that it was the responsibility
of a support agent, not HP itself.

Not hot air, then.

In any case, Chris, didn't you argue that the OS *was* relevant? Or did
I misunderstand your posts?

--
 All the best,
 John