OT people receive threats from law firm over P2P (was [Gllug] Wiki -Relakks)

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Apr 4 21:56:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Juergen Schinker wrote:

> > The devil's advocate in me has two questions:  Are you deliberately
> > running an AP?
>
> Yes and i insist on doing so (i always did)-deliberately and unencrypted

As you publicly confirm that you knowingly run an open network and are
aware of the consequences of doing so and claim to be technically
competent any UK court would hold you responsible for 3rd party use of the
link.

> i never was worried i'll just invite everyone to use it (hello
> neighbours) and with the VPN-Tunnel i'm on the secure side

No, you are on the liable side.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98