[Gllug] Linux Terminal Server

Simon Faulkner simon at titanic.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 07:03:23 UTC 2007

I have a customer who currently has 12ish desktops and a couple of
Laptops.  They are adding 5 more branches with around 5 to 10 PCs at
each and a dozen more, mobile users.

To keep admin central is seems sensible to roll out some sort of TS
solution and I am wondering if they are brave enough to try a Linux
solution.

I have used several technologies including LTSP and NX Windows but only
in testing/playing, any one else any experience and/or suggestions?

They need the usual:

Email
Browsing
Spreadsheet & Word Processing (a little - I am rolling as much of this
as possible into their new web-admin intranet)

--
Simon Faulkner
Staffordshire Moorlands
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk