[Gllug] [OT] Extended coverage wireless routers

Leo Hickey hickey444 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 17:24:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

My laptop has an 802.11g connection, and with my current setup I get
frequent dropped connections. If I get one of the wireless routers which
claim extended coverage eg Netgear rangemax etc, will this make any
difference to the quality of the signal if I connect with 802.11g rather
than their proprietary protocol (pre-n or whatever). In other words is
the extended coverage tied to the protocol being used or will I still
get a better connection with an extended coverage router even if I'm
still using 11g?

TIA
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk