[Gllug] OT: ADSL problems

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Thu Apr 12 22:50:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 10:23 +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> I have had a lot of problems with my ADSL connection lately
> (Homechoice/Tiscali) - connection gets dropped.

It is unfortunate that you are with Tiscali.

Should this result in your wanting to switch ISPs be prepared for a lot
of hassle. I was with Tiscali and when I tried to leave they would not
release my line for months after they stopped providing service so I was
unable to get another provider in. I hope they have improved their
service for your sake.

Should your Internet connection be important to you and you are trying
to switch, I advise considering having a second line installed and
connecting your new ISP to that if it seems things are not going as
expected. There will be nothing the new ISP can do without either the
old ISP releasing the line or the old ISP giving you a certain kind of
code which is supposed to be given to you when you are asking to leave.

I was lucky, at the time I was *only* a 10min walk to an internet cafe
and I was able to get Working Lunch to pester them.

Good luck,

Justin
--
If you are an adult, you can choose to act like a child. If you do not
accept being an adult, you are only a child. -JJJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk