[Gllug] News: Two cautioned over WiFi theft

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 06:52:28 UTC 2007

I suspect that the reason staff at OFCOM and elsewhere insist on 'sticking to
the letter of the law' or 'to the script'  is due to the fact that many
organisations operating 'call centres' these days monitor calls and staff are
threatened with disciplinary action/the sack if they don't stick to the
script.   So, on a more trivial note, we have to put up with inanities like
'thankyou for calling XYZ' when terminating a phone call - even though we are
perfectly aware who we called.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk