[Gllug] top question

Craig Millar gllug at craigmillar.org
Wed Apr 18 23:33:56 UTC 2007

On 18/04/07 19:39 +0000, Bradut Boghita wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies. I am working my way through them.

You might want to try a new thread for each unrelated question. :)

> I am looking for a way to output TOP into a file. tried top > file, but the result is a mess. Is there another way of getting some neatly formated result ?

>From the man page:
 -b : Batch mode operation
   Starts  top  in  'Batch mode', which could be useful for
   sending output from top to other programs or to a file.
   In this mode, top will not accept input and runs until
   the iterations limit you've set with the '-n'
   command-line option or until killed.

So something like top -b -n 1 will output one iteration and stop.

hth
Craig
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk