[Gllug] Old hardware heading for the bin

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 20:08:19 UTC 2007

On Sun 15 Apr, Russell Howe wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 05:57:09PM +0100, Russell Howe wrote:
> > Heading for the bin are:
>
> s/are/& also/
>
> * An AT case with PSU
> * An AT socket 7 motherboard, SiS5513 chipset. Takes EDO SIMMs, although
>   IIRC FPM works too (even a mixture of the two seemed to work, as I
>   recall). The board has a CPU, but I think it's only a Cyrix PR133+ or
>   something equally nasty.

   Thanks for the offer, but I already have a surplus of secondhand older
cases and motherboards, many just short of memory.

   I am a few minutes walk from the Central Line at North Acton, so it would
probably be easiest for me to collect. Mornings, evenings, and weekends are
usually best for me. I am not sure what would make an Acorn floppy drive
different from any other, unless the drive ID is non-standard compared with
the ones in PCs (which I think are set to address 1 and the cable modified
so that a drive connected to the end of the ribbon appears as 0).

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk