[Gllug] News: Two cautioned over WiFi theft

Juergen Schinker ba1020 at homie.homelinux.net
Wed Apr 18 10:56:48 UTC 2007

Am Mi, 18.04.2007, 09:40, schrieb Gundemarie Scholz:
> Richard Jones wrote:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hereford/worcs/6565079.stm
>>
>>   "The man arrested at the weekend was cautioned for dishonestly
>>   obtaining electronic communications services with intent to avoid
>>   payment."
>
> "While not totally secure, WEP keys do at least provide a modicum of
> security to thwart all but the most technically-literate hackers."
>
> Hmm, considering the fact that it is now possible to crack WEP in less
> than a minute I wouldn't want to support that opinion any more.
>
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/87874 (German) pointing to
> http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/aircrack-ptw/ (English) and
> http://eprint.iacr.org/2007/120.pdf (English)

and what they gonna do ; should they arrest every "man inside a car using
a laptop while parked outside a house" they would have to arrest half
London

and what is a illegal porn-site ?

the West Mercia Police embarrassed themself completely;where is the evidence

so once again i encourage everyone with a flat-rate to open his AP

and read my article in http://gentoo-wiki.com/Relakks;

free at last
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk