[Gllug] SIM-IM as Yahoo instant messenger (Firefox problem?)

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 21:29:54 UTC 2007

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 19:15:43 +0100 John G Walker
<johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks. I actually have SIM-IM installed, but I might as well not have
> for all the good it does when I follow the links to start it up in
> Yahoo.
>
> This might, of course, be a Firefox question. It occurs to me that I
> might need to tweak something in about:config, but I can't find
> anything obvious there. In this case, of course, I'd have the same
> problem with Kopete (thanks Iain),

It would seem to me to be a Firefox config problem. I've managed to get
it not to launch the download page, and it now tells me "Firefox
doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
(ymsgr)isn't associated with any program".

How to associate it? Is this something to do with all the variables
that begin 'network.protocol-handler'?

--
 All the best,
 John