[Gllug] Computer Fair and Nottinghill Carnival

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Aug 24 19:30:18 UTC 2007

On 23 Aug 2007, Richard Jones spake thusly:

> On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 09:32:24PM +0100, Andy Farnsworth wrote:
>> Anyone headed to the computer fair this weekend?  and/or the carnival in
>> Nottinghill?  Thought it might be a good time to get social with gllug
>> members.
>
> Given that according to BBC news just now the police are intending to
> use metal detectors, searches and backscatter microwave machines on
> people travelling on the tube to and from the carnival, I might just
> give London a miss this bank holiday ...

I'm planning to as well: the line to Peterborough is bus-only for a
huge hunk of the way, allow twice as long as normal, gah, no thanks.

I'm going to be wandering around Bedford instead (thankfully within
walking distance so I don't have to cope with the hellish bank holiday
roads).
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk