[Gllug] LVM with failed disk

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Fri Aug 3 19:33:00 UTC 2007

Hi All, Another LVM question. I have a system with LVM VG made of three
disks. The VG has two LV's. One is / and the other contains /home.

The third of the three disks has failed. As far as I can tell (from
/etc/lvm/backup/VolGoup00) the LV with / is actually on the first
(intact) disk. The LV with /home is trashed as it spills onto the third
disk, but its backed up elsewhere.

Am I safe to

pvremove -force

the third disk?

Can I then delete the remainder of the failed LV while keeping the good
LV that is on the first disk intact?

Thanks in advance

:-)

Ken