[Gllug] pata software Raid

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 17:34:58 UTC 2007

Peter,

I've done precisely this setup without any issues - indeed I did have a
CD-ROM that produced seek errors connected to the same channel as a
slave and it didn't seem to affect the HDD - I didn't do any speed tests
during the failure, simply replaced the drives. Speed tests with the CD
working seemed to indicate the RAID0 array was providing about a 75-85%
speed gain.

However, YMMV!

Alex

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk