[Gllug] NFS root booting

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Dec 30 18:30:48 UTC 2007

On 29 Dec 2007, Adrian McMenamin uttered the following:

> On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 23:36 +0000, Nix wrote:
>> > video=pvr2fb:640x480-32 at 60"
>>
>> You are missing the nfsroot= parameter, which tells the kernel what the
>> IP address of the NFS server is, the exported directory on the server to
>> mount, and so on.
>>

> Not a requirement.

Oops. Sorry, misread the code (I was reading the code and checking back
at the docs rather than the other way around).

It seems that `Never try to post after mulled wine' must be extended to
`never try to post after other people have had mulled wine, even if you
didn't have any yourself'.

--
`The rest is a tale of post and counter-post.' --- Ian Rawlings
                                                   describes USENET
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk