[Gllug] (article) Bogus bobbies raid Kings Cross data centre

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Tue Dec 18 11:18:30 UTC 2007

Hi

Alex Smith wrote:
> Telehouse seem to manage just fine with it.

A number of years ago I could get into Telehouse with a prior email
(unsigned) from a given address, and any form of ID (so very fakeable,
since said email address could authorise anyone to get to our rack, and
all of the racks had the same keys). A friend of mine pushed the "any
form of ID" thing so far they let him in with a blood donor card.

To get into the Level3 facilities I have access to these days, I need my
physical card, a code and my hand. It would be best if they had someone
checking my face on the card, but the fact that I need a hand scan to
get into the floors I have access to is fairly good.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net