[Gllug] On a Fasthost adv.

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Wed Dec 19 16:42:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 02:55:18PM +0000, Progga wrote:
> Thanks for all the clarifications, warnings and sidenotes.  Now I wonder
> whether this one is also a hoax - http://www.tektonic.net/unmetered.html.
> 1Mbits/s is such a value, it looks like neither a hoax nor a reality :-)
> I have seen similar UNMETERED offers at several other places but can't remember
> the names.

If you click on the link labelled "Unmetered Bandwidth", you'll see that
it is throttled to a maximum rate per second but they don't impose a
further absolute limit on bandwidth used per day/week/month.  So if your
site is humming along at maximum throughput, you won't suddenly find
yourself cut off until you pay extra.  That seems a reasonable enough
definition of Unmetered.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"