[Gllug] [Fwd: [piksel] Outrageous disaster: Ogg/Vorbis spec taken out of HTML-5]

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Dec 19 22:54:26 UTC 2007

On 18 Dec 2007, Richard Huxton spake thusly:
> The thing is, I've not seen anyone come up with a good reason why Apple
> & Nokia *should* back Ogg/etc. It's not easy for me to see what they (or
> for that matter anyone outside of the "free from patents" community) get
> from it.

A not very good codec, which needs a format break to become even
reasonably decent.

(Not supporting this doesn't seem like an outrageous disaster to me,
compared to the train-wreck which is software patenting itself.)

--
`The rest is a tale of post and counter-post.' --- Ian Rawlings
                                                   describes USENET
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk