[Gllug] Make ghost on a dedicated server

Raphaël Benard raphy_02_4 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 17:51:01 UTC 2007

>> Yes I use dd but the image seems corrupted.

> Huh? Corrupted how?

Hi,

For test of the creation of image, I have create an image by partition with dd.
I have no place on the disk for store the image, so I put it on the ftp server
 in the same time.

ftp user at ftpserver.com
password
ftp> put "| dd if=/dev/md7" md1.dd
.........transfert OK
ftp> exit

After make the  partitions, I get their on my local poste and I try to mount their:

mount /home/raph/md1.dd /home/raph/emptyfolder -o loop0

It's OK, md1 is a partions in EXT3(it's only /boot).
But md5(/) and md7(/var), are in XFS and when I try to mount it,  mount failed(with unknow file system error).
On all my other machine, this way works.
I don't konw if it's because of the raid on the dedicated server or because of the XFS file system.

Thanks
Retrouvez Windows Live Messenger sur votre mobile !
http://www.messengersurvotremobile.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk