[Gllug] compile & run keyboard shortcut in Emacs

F Andersen fendersan at aol.com
Sun Dec 16 20:50:15 UTC 2007

I use Emacs to write my C programs but then I have to quit Emacs to compile
and run. If there's a need to change the program, I have to open Emacs again
and repeat the process.

I'm used to using Bloodshed Dev-C++ under Windows, where simply pressing F9
compiles and runs. Is there something similar in Emacs?

As a beginner programmer/Linux user, I would be interested to know what
approaches people on this list use to code their programs in Linux.

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk