[Gllug] Make ghost on a dedicated server

Raphaël Benard raphy_02_4 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:20:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

> I'd use netcat for that, rather than ftp, but I suppose it'll probably work.

Yes, I know netcat. It's better but I use the ftp because the backup ftp server is on the lan of the
dedicated server, so it's 1 Gb/s. If I use netcat with an other server through the internet it become
 more slow.

> Did you remount the filesystem readonly before doing the dd?

I boot on a ramdisk(with the network boot) and I didn't mount any filesystem before doing the dd.

> Does your kernel have XFS driver?  If yes, did you try to "-t xfs" option with
the mount command?

When I saw that's XFS, I took a system which support XFS. But even with "-t xfs" mount failed.

Raphy
Votez pour vos séries TV préférées et tentez de gagner un voyage à Hawaï !
http://messengerawards.divertissements.fr.msn.com/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk