[Gllug] extracting data from specific sites

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:41:28 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 12:37 PM, John G Walker <johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> IANAL also, but the difference would seem to me to be that the output
> from a screen scraper is used to re-publish the data on a web page.

Screen scraping != republishing. If that's the reason you're scraping
the site, then yes, it's probably illegal. But even so, it's the act
of republishing the data that will get you into trouble, not the
scraping of the data in the first place.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk