[Gllug] Postfix/procmail not delivering to inbox in correct format

stanley12 at blueyonder.co.uk stanley12 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 16:38:43 UTC 2007

Hello All,
    After many months of happily running a postfix/dovecot setup I finally
decided that some procmail filter was required as i got fed up of
dragging things around manually.
Set up various filters just to start with information that I found from
reading various sites but although things are being moved through
procmail, they are not appearing in (possibly) the correct format.
When viewing with thunderbird the messages never appear, although checking
with mutt on the server shows them there but does not allow me to view
them.

Attached are my postfix and procmail configs. Any help appreciated as I am
now very lost.

Thanks

Rhys

Postfix

# See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete version

smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
biff = no

# appending .domain is the MUA's job.
append_dot_mydomain = no

# Uncomment the next line to generate "delayed mail" warnings
#delay_warning_time = 4h

myhostname = rhyspowell.com
home_mailbox = Maildir/
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
myorigin = $mydomain
luser_relay = bleachin
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain
#mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -Y -a $DOMAIN (hashed out currently
due to problem)

Procmail

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH="$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/include:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin"
LOCKFILE=$HOME/lockfile.lock
ASSASSINLOCK=$HOME/assassin.lock
DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX
JUNKMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/.Junk/
TRASH=$HOME/Maildir/.Trash/
1AND1=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.1and1/
DENYHOSTS=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.DenyHosts/
F2S=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.F2S/
GLLUG=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.Gllug/
GLLUGSOCIAL=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.Gllug-Social/
GPXIMPROTS=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.gpx_imports/
HETZNER=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.hetzner/
MIKEY=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.Mikey/
OSMDEV=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.OSM-Dev/
OSMTALK=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.OSM-Talk/
SKYPE=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.Skype/
TALKGB=$HOME/Maildir/.INBOX.Talk-GB/
EXPERT=$HOME/Maildir/.LinuxExpert/
VIRUS=$HOME/Maildir/.virus/
BITBUCKET=/dev/null
LOCKTIMEOUT=10
LOGFILE=/home/bleachin/procmail_log
#LOGABSTRACT=no
VERBOSE=yes

# Feed redirected spam to sa-learn
# If a spam does make it past spamassassin I redirect it to spam at mymailaddy
#It will then be added to the spam database

#:0
#* ^To:.*spam at foobar
#* < 256000

#{
#:0c: spamassassin.spamlock
#| sa-learn --spam

#:0
#$JUNKMAIL
#}

# Feed redirected ham to sa-learn
#If spamassassin falsely declares a non spam mail as spam
#I can forward it to ham at mymailaddy
#so it can be removed from the spam database.
#NOTE: THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED YET!!

#:0
#* ^To:.*ham at foobar
#* < 256000

#{
#:0c: spamassassin.hamlock
#| sa-learn --ham

#:0
#$TRASH
#}
#Run TrashScan
#:0
#* multipart
#* !^X-Virus-Scan:
#| /usr/local/bin/trashscan

#Filter tagged virus mails
#:0
#$VIRUS

#Filter out Mails from Newgroups
#There is no need to test these for spam

:0 :
* ^Sender: 1&1 Internet Ltd.
$1AND1

:0 :
* ^Sender: DenyHosts
$DENYHOSTS

:0 :
* ^From:.*<[a-z0-9]+ at f2s.net>
$F2S

:0 :
* ^To: gllug at gllug.org.uk
$GLLUG

:0 :
* ^To: social at gllug.org.uk
$GLLUG-SOCIAL

:0 :
* ^Sender: Mikey Cousins
$MIKEY

#Run SpamAssassin daemon mode
#spamc is the daemon for spamassassin
#spam mails will come back marked with a spam header
#:0 fw : $ASSASSINLOCK
#| spamc

#:0
#$JUNKMAIL

# Catches everything else.
#Anything left over goes into the DEFAULT folder
:0
$DEFAULT

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk