[Gllug] Asus EEE PC

David david at aliada.plus.com
Tue Dec 18 18:46:19 UTC 2007

Alain Williams wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 06:24:05PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
>
>> http://www.microanvika.com/product.asp?PNO=ASU14450B
>>
>> Anyone have one?
>>

> I saw one a fortnight ago, a friend has one. He likes it.
> I am mined to get one, it is nice & small. I want to use it
> to do presentations (the beamer plug-in/VGA-port will do 1024x768 apparently).
> As a portable I am not interested is vast computing power.
>

>> How upgradable is it?  Since the 8 GB and (rumoured) 16 GB models
>> haven't made it to these shores yet, I think it needs 2 GB of RAM and
>> as much flash as it can take.

I have ordered one and will be taking delivery in about a week or so,
dependent on deliveries of stock.

The following article seems quite useful to my untutored eye:
http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/nethub/article.php/3713806

Please note, if you would like me to bring the little bugger along when
the next gathering is held at Westminster then I will probably be quite
willing.

David Reed