[Gllug] postfix vacation

countd countd42 at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:21:17 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 12:50 PM, Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
> I would imagine the vast majority of the western world will be able to
> work out why someone's not answering email over xmas and new year, to be
> honest.

You're right, it'd take a remarkable paucity of imagination. I've
decided against implementing this for now - I'll have a proper look
into it in the New Year. The problem is, users get ideas in their
heads about what a mail server should and shouldn't be able to do -
mostly people whose last place of work had an exchange server and want
message recall and all sorts of other crap, when in fact they should
simply be engaging the grey matter before clicking the send button.
:-/

Two more hours to go - happy holidays all!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk